My bags have been packed and ready to go for about 2 weeks now. I have absolutely loved peeking in other blog-landers’ hospital bags, sewing bags, purses, etc so thought I’d share what was in my own “Go Bag” (and Elsie’s)
My Go Bag:
1. Lovely comfortable shoes. Flip-flops for the shower and slippers to wear just around. (I also hope to have a pair of TOMs handy– hopefully I remember to slip them on on the way out the door).
2. Binding. Made my own — if you want to call it that. Not sure that I’ll actually be wearing this AT the hospital, but thought I’d throw it in just in case.
3. Nursing cover.
4. Burp rags and an extra soft (it’s bamboo cotton) blanket for Drew (mainly for draping over him coming home). I can’t remember last time (with Elsie) if I brought my own burp rags or not, but figured it’s better to be safe than sorry.
5. Mommy clothes/nursing bras. I gotta wear something and I really don’t want to live in the hospital gown for the couple days I’m at the hospital.
6. Necessities. More on the clear bag later — Qtips (Andy can’t live without them), Boob cream for nursing mommas (that would be me), and my glasses case.
7. Coming home outfits. We can’t decide on just one, so we’ll decide later — like when we have to.
In the clear bag is all the fun bathroom stuff. Most of this stuff I got in an already packed bag from Target — really nice. Great thinking Target. I just added a couple of things.
In the bag: lotion, mouth wash, toothpaste, Burt Bees chap stick (can’t go without it!), comb (looks pretty useless if you ask me), toothbrush, conditioner, shampoo (I wanted the little bottles this time around because with E we forgot all our bathroom stuff in the hospital bathroom. Was totally bummed!), deodorant, gum, and the “Stuff Sack” which carries my bobby pins and pony holders.
Elsie’s Go Bag:
Actually Elsie’s Go Bag is probably a lot more fun than mine. Why is Elsie getting a “Go Bag” too? It’s the second baby. I went pretty fast with Elsie. It’s been predicted I’ll go even faster with Drew. If my water breaks we have no time to wait on anyone to pick up E, so she’s coming along (at least until someone can make it to the hospital to get her).
1. Blanket. Just making sure that she has a blanket as the hospital room is bound to be cold.
2. DVD player, DVDs, and the needed cords. In case there is nothing on TV.
3. Fun look-and-find book
4. Dora “color with water” book. It’s pretty neat. You just fill the pen up with water and color away! When it dries you can color it again.
6. Favorite toys — Toy Story, Olivia, and Cars
7. Clothes and diapers and (of course) wipes
I also have a short list of things to grab and toss in my purse on my way out the door (which is currently in a pile on my dresser): brush, make-up bag, phone chargers, camera, and computer.
Anything I’m leaving out?